Designing an Animated Logo 🎨
TLDR: I make an animated logo (think of a .GIF) and explain how you can make one too.
Having an online personal brand is ever so important. Part of this includes having a unified profile picture and logo. You can take this to another level by animating the logo!
Although I have experience with design tools like Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere I have never worked with animation. I found a website called SVGator which animates SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics). The free version has many limitations but I was able to use it to create my animated logo.
- Start by creating an account with SVGator and making a new project.
- Design your logo with the pen and shape tools. This part requires some previous experience since you’ll need to design the static image.
- Make sure to organize your canvas so that you can easily transform and animate the SVG.
- Add animations based on a timeline. To make an image move from point A to point B, you will need to position the image, move the timeline, and re-position the image. Check out how complex the timeline is for this logo:
That was just the framework for creating an animated logo. Obviously, a lot of personal creativity will have to be used, since you need to design a logo and then think of how you want to animate it. But hopefully this helps point you in the right direction!
I got inspiration for the logo design from GitHub user vaaski.
Thanks for reading! 🙌
- Twitter @anthonyjdella
- LinkedIn @anthonydellavecchia
- GitHub @anthonyjdella
- Medium @anthonyjdella
- Dev.to @anthonyjdella
- TikTok @anthonyjdella